Friday, March 16, 2012

One of Many Reasons that I LOVE the Topeka Zoo


There really are a TON of things that I LOVE about the Topeka Zoo! I love that it is small enough that my little ones can walk all the way through in less than 2 hours. Today we did it in less than 1 hour as Daddy was with us and was hungry, but we still got to see everything and didn't even fell rushed (well I didn't, anyway).  The animals are CLOSE, so 9 times out of 10 you get to see ALL of the animals.  Today we could even see the claws on the black bear.  This is not something that we can often say.  All four of them were out and roaming.  My favorite memory from the day, though was watching my super brave 4 year old FEED THE GIRAFFE!  It was awesome! Sarah fed them as well, and I really tried to encourage Jake to feed them, but "I don't wanna feed the giraffe." was all he could say. Now he is telling me he wasn't scared, and in all fairness, he didn't cling to me and cry.  I so wish I had a picture of his face looking ALL of the way up at the tallest giraffe.  The memory is priceless!


Another great thing about the Topeka Zoo is it's close proximity to Gage Park (it's actually located inside of Gage Park) which might be one of the best parks in Kansas!  There are "statues" of animals that the kids can climb in, on and through.  The kids had a lot of fun getting eaten by the crocodile and climbing on the whale...The whale was my favorite, since I can remember playing on it as a kid!


The back of the whale


The head of the whale 


And the necessary swing picture from each trip to the zoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment